Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Galera Escapade (White beach)

Ok its been 2 days since I've been to galera. It's been a nice place to go through if you don't have enough cash to spare. If your 10 people going to this place, 1500 pesos is enough for each of you, well if your a foreigner its a different story. I never went there during peak season so I really do not know what is the real price.

However snorkeling is the best part that I really liked here. It is better that you carry your own snorkel, your don't want to think that the one before that uses that snorkel has hepatitis or tartar. =). Well I saw different kinds of fish some dead corals and the best part of all a sea turtle (pawikan).

Well on accomadation, there's a lot that's real cheap. The lodging that you can see in the internet is mostly on the ave pricing. I saw a beach front place in galera that is has a ref, cable tv, hot and cold shower, and good for 8 people that costs only 1,500 pesos, on others it can cost already for 2,500. Too bad I already booked in Basilico lodging.

Basilico Lodging is pretty cool. Friendly people owners, Fred Magbuhos and Sherly Magbuhos. The one that is on the bar, the lady in twenties is rude not accomodating at all. Seems like she's more fucked up than me. Anyway, the place is decent and they don't care with your business there and don't ask questions a lot, just stay there pay your bills and do what you want to do. This is what I liked in this place which is right on the beach front.

Before I stayed in Francesca. If you want a pretty quiet place, that is too far from the beach front like 10 minutes walk, you may want to stay in Francesca. The place is real decent, a bit expensive than basilico. The owner's pretty friendly, but you know its all for business and they are real strict when it comes to house rules on the room. They ask questions a lot too. Well for one, the henna stains they would like to pay you for like 800 pesos. However their cabinets are painted with "barnis", which in turn their attendants will scream with all of their lungs with "HENNA MAY HENNA STAIN" if your towel just touched their cabinets. The paint "barnis" is freakin cheap and can be washed up off by spoonful of water. Well the place is decent but the materials are cheap, so overall when I checked out I'm more fucked up than when I came in because of that freakin attendant.

Galera is real cool. If you want a quick get away just go to this place and be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment